Friday, June 27, 2014

Vendor Spotlight: Eyes of Venus

When it comes to weddings, we love the artistry of decorating and designing a space.  However, most of your photos will feature the face of the beautiful bride.  That's why when it comes to bridal makeup, it's best to leave that task to a talented professional.  We sat down with Shera Griffin of Eyes of Venus Makeup to find out why brides and bridesmaids choose Eyes of Venus time and time again.
Shera Griffin

Q: How long have you been in this business?
A: Since February of 2011.

Q: Let's start at the beginning.  How did you get into this business?
A: I've always had a love for fashion and makeup but I grew up in a strict home.  The only time I was allowed to wear makeup was when I was in a talent show or something like that but my mother always wore lipstick.  I joined the military and while serving I always found myself doing my friends’ makeup.  When I left the military my friends encouraged me to go to school and at first I didn't want to do it but my husband got deployed so I decided to learn more about the artistry of makeup and skin care.


Q: What services do you provide?
A: Make-up artistry for all special occasions, proms, wedding parties, bridal consultations, I work on film and television and photo shoots as well.  I can create avant garde looks as well.  It all depends on what the client is looking for.

Q: Our clients who have worked with you have all been extremely pleased with your work.  Why do you think that is?
A: I don’t compare myself to others, I just try to do my best work.  So when a bride comes to me I really try to do my best.  I make sure she is comfortable with the look that she wants.  She has other things to think about, she shouldn't be worried about her makeup.  With me, she doesn’t have to worry about tearing up or touching her face.  I’m there for touch-ups and I make sure she is well taken care of.  I try to make sure she has a stress free day.

Q: What would you like brides to know about your services?
A: Don't be afraid to venture out.  You may be able to go out and get your makeup done cheaper by someone else but you have to really consider the quality of the work.

Q: We know all too well that all makeup artists are not the same.   What defines a great makeup artist?
A: Anyone can pick up a makeup brush and call themselves an artist but can they look at you and see your features and make your beauty stand out?  You have to make sure that that person will not only take care of your makeup but will also take care of your skin.


For instance, if you go to the makeup counter at a department store for a makeover, you have to spend at least $50 in products.  The people behind that counter are salespeople.  If someone comes up to buy something while they are doing your makeup, they have to stop working with you and sell to that customer.  They can't give you individualized attention.  Not that there's anything wrong with the people at a makeup counter, but for your wedding day, you need someone who is focused on you.  In my opinion, a bride deserves a more private and quiet setting to get her makeup done.  Those moments should be her time to relax and ease her mind and prepare herself mentally for her wedding ceremony.

When you come to me, I take care of you and your skin.  I give my clients advice on how to properly care for their skin because we all have different skin types, someone with dry skin will need a moisturizing foundation.  I tell them which products will work best for them and when they come back the next time, the difference is amazing.





For more information, visit the website: http://www.eyesofvenusmua.com or call Shera at (972)768-8119 to schedule an appointment.





No comments:

Post a Comment